Back To The Software

November 8, 2006

After some fantastic hardware work I’ve started yet another rewrite of the software for DK421. This time I’m rebuilding it to use more graphical options and let you load new clips without restarting the whole thing. I’ve been learning a bit in my Java class about all this GUI stuff, so I thought I’d apply it.

I’m still hoping someday I can add a save/load functionality to bring in a while sound set. Not the biggest deal at this point, but it would be a nice convenience. I’ve also gotten the first test drum pad cut and am going to buy the other pieces tomorrow. I might have a working pad by tomorrow evening, though my late classes might have something to say about that. I’m tempted to bring my controller to school and work on it between classes. Probably won’t though. Anyway, DK421 is in the early stages of version 0.03 now, I think it’s time to make it a better project page.

P.S. I’ve set the size for this project: 12 Controllers. So that comes out to 1 hi-hat and up to 9 other pads (cymbals, snares, whatever). More than enough for almost any drum kit. I think my first hardware version will be snare, hi-hat, kick, crash, ride. I’ll probably add toms later.

Leave A Comment

Your email will not be published.